[Vacatures] VICELAND Benelux zoekt Marketing Manager
VICELAND is the tv channel from VICE that started in March 2017 in both The Netherlands and Belgium. The lifestyle and culture channel features original programming and series covering music, food, technology, sex, fashion and more. To help getting the tv channel to a next level we’re looking for an experienced and creative
This key senior role is an integral part of the VICE Marketing Benelux team and will report to the Head of Marketing Benelux. Overseeing marketing strategy and output for the channel, the person in this role will set the annual strategy with VICELAND’s key stakeholders and makes sure to implement the plans. Identifying the audience and opportunities, managing campaigns, maximizing VICE channels including editorial, digital and social and interacting with a variety of third parties to plan and buy media.
- Plan and set annual marketing strategy for VICELAND NL & BE in order to identify the audience, how to reach them, and grow the ratings effectively and meet the channel KPIs. Through always on marketing and ATL / TTL campaign efforts;
- Execute these plans and steer on market changes;
- Oversee annual marketing budget for VICELAND NL + BE;
- Engage media outlets and negotiate media buying;
- Seek barter/partner opportunities wherever possible;
- Develop campaign strategies on and off air for the channel and its properties;
- Oversee trade marketing of the channel and its programming;
- Manage the process of creating assets together with the project manager and the designers to ensure thorough and timely creative development, senior buy-in, and delivery of assets in time;
- Manage the creative process and planning of the on air VICELAND interstitials (LABS) with the international marketing teams;
- Liaise with VICELAND scheduling, press and editorial in order to understand and communicate marketing strategies, synchronize messaging and maximize comms channels;
- Liaise with Show Execs to understand editorial standpoint of each individual show and how to best to promote them;
- Maximize Vice network of O+O (owned and operated) channels, and departments across, including VICE and brand verticals, editorial, digital, social, events, venues, influencersnetwork and print;
- Deliver and implement the strategy for social in conjunction with the VICELAND social manager to create an always on strategy of content and communication and support any ATL & BTL efforts;
- Establish relationships with affiliate partners to implement and maximize the messaging strategy, meet their requirements and understand where they can provide opportunities for communication to amplify our message and viewer ratings. (e.g. Ziggo KPN, Proximus and Telenet);
- Liaise with the International marketing teams for brand guidelines, assets, best practice etc. Adhere to VICELAND Brand guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of:
- At least four years work experience at a media company or as brand marketeer and therefore a thorough understanding of the Benelux media landscape;
- Dealing with marketing strategy, media buying and commissioning creative;
- A good understanding of social media strategy and campaigning;
- Hands on experience managing staff, third party agencies and partnerships.
- You’re a project manager STAR and can run several complex projects at the same time with no sweat;
- Your Dutch is perfect, both written and verbal, so is your English, although not native;
- You’re super creative and loves to be involved in the making process from A to Z;
- You’re a self starter and you’re used to work in a fast paced organisation with sometimes limited resources;
- You’re enthusiastic, energetic, a true brand ambassador and knows how to infect people with your unstoppable drive;
- You understand that other tasks including general administrative duties and reporting to management is part of the job;
- You’ve a good sense to what the VICE brand embodies and how this should be carried out.
We're looking for someone from January 2019.
Click here to apply for this job.